After being involved in various activities including baseball, hockey, and bodybuilding growing up, JR began CrossFit in 2012 and has not looked back. He enjoys all aspects of CrossFit, especially seeing people recognize the potential they have inside themselves. As with most of us he is always working on fighting that internal demon telling him to stop. JR is currently in charge of all programming for OVC.
- CrossFit Level 2 Trainers Certificate, CrossFit Mobility Trainer Certificate, CrossFit Olympic Weightlifting Certification, CrossFit Scaling Certificate, CrossFit Anatomy Certificate, CrossFit "Spot The Flaw" Certificate, CrossFit Lesson Planning Certificate
A member of OVC since October 2012, Paul had never been very athletic prior to trying CrossFit. "I still to this day can’t fully describe how I felt leaving my baseline workout that day, but it was an eye opener and I was ready to get to work." Fast-forward to today and he can be found at 6am most mornings challenging both himself and others to make the most of their fitness and potential.
- CrossFit Level 1 Trainers Certificate, CrossFit Olympic Weightlifting Certification, CrossFit Scaling Certificate
Jessica began CrossFit at OVC in December 2013. She has a Bachelor’s Degree in Exercise Physiology and a teaching certification from Wheeling Jesuit University. She has been very active in sports all her life but found herself hitting plateaus at the gym. After attending a few CrossFit sessions at the tarmac, she discovered the benefits of constantly varied movements. This experience allowed her to break through her sticking points and become stronger both physically and mentally. The community that OVC provides has given her motivation and drive to become better every day.
- CrossFit Level 1 Trainers Certificate, CrossFit Scaling Certificate
Mike started Crossfit and has been a member of OVC since November 2013. It didn't take long before the community at OVC and the constant variation of the workouts had him hooked. He embraced how Crossfit teaches form and technique, as well as the sense of accomplishment felt after completing the WOD each day. As a coach he is constantly pushing others the achieve far past where they believe they are capable of going and lives by the philosophy that every day is another great opportunity to learn ways to make oneself better.
- CrossFit Level 1 Trainers Certificate
Amy started CrossFit and has been a member of OVC since 2015. As both a coach and athlete, she embraces one of CrossFit's primary philosophies of scaling and adaptation and believes that every individual of any ability level can participate and make a difference in their life. Outside of the gym, Amy enjoys spending time with her husband and dogs and planning her next Disney trip.
- CrossFit Level 1 Trainers Certificate, CrossFit "Spot The Flaw" Certificate
*Bio Coming Soon!*
- CrossFit Level 1 Trainers Certificate, CrossFit Kids Trainer Certificate